The main thing most of our property owners consider is: what do you want from your property? Most property owners simply want to guarantee an income without the daily hassles of being a landlord and find that our offer provides a quick, easy and profitable solution.
If you are interested in any of the following then call us to discuss how Tom Heaney Property Solutions can help you:
- You can receive rent every month and have no void periods for up to five years
- You can get paid for full occupancy and not worry about non-paying tenants
- You can sit back, relax and not have to look for new tenants or contact agents
- You can give up the day-to-day landlord responsibilities, such as leaking taps and clogged toilets
- We can take care of the painting, decorating, furnishings, etc
- We can pay all of the utilities, council tax, boiler insurance, etc
- You can move out of the student market and into the professional market
- How it Works
The process for landlords is simple. Instead of signing an agreement with a tenant, you sign an agreement with Tom Heaney Property Solutions. You don’t need to do anything else. This contract will last 5 years and can be extended if desired.
Basic steps to work with us: Setting up and managing a agreement with us is incredibly easy:
1. You tell us the monthly rental amount that you would be happy to receive.
2. We provide an agreement that has been drafted by our solicitors and sets out all of the terms.
3. We take over the management of the house and fill it with our professional tenants.
4. You receive your guaranteed rent and watch your bank balance grow!
5. We return the house in great condition at the end of the period.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Tom Heaney Property Solutions responsible for? We are responsible for paying you the set monthly rental fee each month. We fill the house with our professional tenants, we ensure all of the utilities and council tax are paid, we hire a cleaner and a gardener (where applicable) to watch over the property and take care of the communal areas. We are the first port of call for the tenants if they have any problems. We act as the landlord and take over all of the landlord responsibilities so that you don’t have to worry about any of it. Because our tenants expect the highest quality and standards we generally need to spend money up-front in order to make the house suitable. There will be no cost to you for any interior upgrade work, decoration or furniture.
Will I still make the same amount of money as usual? Yes! You tell us how much you want to get paid! We generally pay about the same amount of money as you would earn if you were to let your property normally and we guarantee payment every month. The exact monthly amount and the time period will be agreed between us.
Am I responsible for anything at all? As a landlord, you will need to make sure the exterior/structure of the building is sound. Tom Heaney Property Solutions is is not liable for repairs to these parts of the home (for example, roof tiles and structural soundness). As a responsible landlord, you should make sure the building is insured with the appropriate HMO landlord product, and that you have adequate safety and environmental certificates in place (e.g. Gas safety, Electrical Safety, EPC). Finally, if you have one, it is your responsibility to look after your own mortgage.
How does Tom Heaney Property Solutions make its money? Unlike estate agents – we do not charge you any fees or commissions. We earn our commission from the tenant that we put in to the house. Because we work with local companies to rent to their professional employees and provide quality housing with flexible length terms and professional services we are able to receive a markup on the monthly rent. That may sound like a lot of work for us, but it doesn’t matter – your payments are guaranteed every month and you don’t have to lift a finger.
Is this sub-letting? No. Tom Heaney Property Solutions do not have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) with the owner of the property. The AST is the contract that disallows sub-letting and is not appropriate in this situation. The contract that we use has been drawn up by a solicitor specifically for these types of arrangements.
Benefits for AGENTS
With a lettings business, most agents are too busy deal with house-shares that are rented by the room. We are relocation agents that specialise in letting houses to Professional and Corporate tenants from local businesses and companies along with the universities and hospitals. We are looking for local letting agents to work with to rent houses on long-term leases for a win-win arrangement. Perhaps you have properties on your books that we could look at? The tangible benefits to the progressive letting agent are numerous:
- You will get the tenant find fee from the landlord
- You will continue to get the management fee from the landlord (if the property is currently fully managed by you)
- You would not be required to undertake any work at all except pass the guaranteed rent to the landlord
- We would take care of the property and be responsible for rent collection from our tenants along with taking care of any maintenance and tenant issues
The letting agent simply needs to find us a suitable property and then collect your commission for the next 5 years with little effort on your part. What is a suitable property? This is a licensed HMO with 5 or more bedrooms. We can use properties in any part of town and in any condition. Even the dirty, smelly ones!!
Properties We Require
What types of property are we looking for?
- Flats, from studios to multi-bedroom apartments.
- Houses up to five-bedrooms in size.
- Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMOs).
- Houses converted into self-contained flats.
- Blocks of flats with three or more apartments.
- Large or small property portfolios.
- Properties in need of complete refurbishment.
- Empty properties.
At Tom Heaney Property Solutions we are versatile enough to work with many different kinds of properties throughout Newcastle, Gateshead, Durham and Sunderland. Whether you have a single apartment or house, or a large and expanding portfolio encompassing multiple properties, we are able to provide the right kind of service that is tailored towards your needs. We have an experienced and dedicated portfolio management team so we can work with clients who own larger portfolios or require block management services. This means that we can work with you no matter how large or small the task at hand.
These are some of the types of properties we are currently searching for. We require flats, from the smallest studio apartment to large apartments with many rooms, from single apartments to entire blocks of flats. We are also looking for houses, whether they are utilised as a single dwelling, used to house multiple tenants, or divided into individual flats. We also work with properties that are in need of refurbishment; if you have purchased a property that needs work in order to transform it into a lucrative rental property, HMO, hostel or bed and breakfast, we can help.
Get in touch with us to find out how we can benefit you, regardless of the type of property you own or the size of your portfolio. Your dedicated account manager will work closely with you to ensure that you are always completely satisfied with the service we provide for you.
You will require the following documents to lease your property. Please use the following landlord check-list:
- Copy of Council Tax Bill.
- Copy of Land Registry.
- Copy of valid NICEIC Certificate.
- Copy of valid Gas Safety record.
- Copy of valid Energy Performance Certificate.
- Copy of Building Insurance.
- Copy of a recent Mortgage Statement.
- Copy of utility bills.
- 3 FULL sets of keys.
Remember, if you do not have a valid gas safety, electric, or Energy Performance Certificate, we can arrange these for you, just ask a member of the team by calling 07843629032